Please be sure for your bootloader version ( you can get it from browser , in this expemple bootloader is #57)
Dm800 hd and dm800 hd se don’t have the same image
Image for original dreambox is not the same for clone one ( you can broke your box )
*You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can’t flash other
images like *.img files. Don’t try it – it won’t work.
*You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
*You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don’t have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader’s serial setup: (same like DM8000)
– Power down the Dreambox, either using “shutdown” and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!
– (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
– (3.) A text “*** STOP ***” should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the “waiting” mode.
– (4.) Above the “*** STOP ***” text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string “dhcp” instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn’t change, something doesn’t
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn’t
work, set an IP using the serial terminal
– Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line “http://ip/” (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
– (2.) on the bottom of the page, there’s a link called “firmware upgrade”. Click it.
– On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the “.nfi” extension.
You can’t flash other images (like .img)!
– Click on “FLASH!” and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
– Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.